My photo
Washington, DC, United States
"A rose is a rose is an onion." -Ernest Hemingway

10.11.09

Flank Steak with Balsamic Chimichurri

This took about 20 minutes of "active" cooking, and was extremely tasty. Enjoy!


(My oven and broiler suck, so the meat isn't exactly evenly caramelized. I didn't want to risk it becoming tough, so I pulled it out of the broiler before it had a proper chance to get nice and evenly browned - and then I doctored it up with the reserved sauce, which made it even tastier, albeit, less pretty.)


For 2-3 servings (by that, I mean I ate about 1/4 of the steak, and Jeremy ate the rest ... in two bites), you'll need:

+ 1 1-pound flank steak
+ fresh parsley, roughly torn, 2 cups
+ garlic, 3-5 cloves, crushed
+ S&P
+ 1 lemon, zested
+ balsamic vinegar, 3-4 tablespoons
+ olive oil

In a food processor, combine parsley, garlic, lemon zest and salt & pepper. Pulse until roughly chopped. Add vinegar. With food processor running, slowly pour olive oil through the feed tube until the mixture is a smooth, relatively thin sauce. Remove.

Marinate the steak in the refrigerator with half of the sauce for at least 2 hours. (The longer it marinates, the better it'll be!)

Transfer to a roasting pan; drizzle lightly with olive oil. I petaled some red onions and halved some cherry tomatoes, for color, as shown. Broil for 11-13 minutes for a medium-rare steak. Rest; slice. Dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Protected by Copyscape plagiarism checker - duplicate content and unique article detection software.