My photo
Washington, DC, United States
"A rose is a rose is an onion." -Ernest Hemingway

30.4.09

Pesto Pasta with Balsamic Bacon

Yessir, folks.  Balsamic bacon, and that's all I have to say about that.


For about three servings, you'll need:

+ 8 ounces of whole wheat pasta
+ 1/4 cup of pesto*
+ 4 slices of bacon
+ balsamic vinegar, 2 tablespoons
+ parmesan cheese, grated, to taste
+ S&P


Put bacon and balsamic vinegar in a plastic bag; marinate in refrigerator for at least 45 minutes.  

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.  Place bacon on a baking sheet, and roast for 5-6 minutes.  Drain on paper towels; when cool, crumble.

Cook pasta according to package directions, until al dente (usually about 7-8 minutes).  Immediately after draining, toss with pesto and fold in cheese and bacon.  Add S&P to taste.  Enjoy!


* Since coming to college, I've been using store-bought pesto, which is generally pretty decent.  I usually avoid jarred pesto in favor of the fresher options in the deli section.  When I'm home for the summer (with access to a food processor), I'll perfect my pesto recipe and get it up here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Protected by Copyscape plagiarism checker - duplicate content and unique article detection software.