My photo
Washington, DC, United States
"A rose is a rose is an onion." -Ernest Hemingway

1.6.09

Tea Party

Since I was away at college over this Mother's Day, I decided to throw a belated tea party for the holiday, honoring my grandmother, mother, aunt, and younger cousin.  After a couple days of kitchen confinement, the event came-- and it was a total success!

I served a variety of teas, in an effort to suit everybody's tastes.  I chose Darjeeling (my personal favorite), Oolong, and a White Tea infused with rose petals.  Since everyone needed 1-2 tea bags, I assembled them at the table.  Next time, I'll have several bags of each variety already prepared!

I served:

Profiteroles filled with "Lemon Cream" - basically a lemon version of this lime curd, with whipped cream folded in.  Yum!


Ginger-Honey Scones (I served each with a bit of butter in a Chinese spoon)
Chocolate Crinkles (I added a bit of orange zest to brighten the flavor)

All in all, a great success (and a great excuse for me to purchase a new tea set) ... special thanks to the Olde Worlde Tea Company of Smithfield, Virginia-- what a lovely establishment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Protected by Copyscape plagiarism checker - duplicate content and unique article detection software.